February 15 Open Enrollment Includes Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois ACA Plans in Every Illinois County
- Wall St. opens lower as Netflix slides, virus cases rise
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence dampens risk appetite
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CHICAGO, Feb. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is again offering multiple ways to learn about the plans it is offering statewide when the Marketplace opens its Special Enrollment Period to uninsured individuals and families starting February 15th - demonstrating its 85-year commitment to expanding access to benefits for quality, cost-effective health care across Illinois.
The regular Annual Open Enrollment Period for 2021 coverage closed on December 15, 2020. In accordance with President Biden's January 28 Executive Order, the Secretary of Health and Human Services through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services announced a Special Enrollment Period from February 15 to May 15, 2021 in response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. The Special Enrollment Period will allow individuals and families in Illinois to enroll in 2021 health insurance coverage.
"Now is not the time to be uninsured as the COVID-19 crisis continues to threaten millions with health challenges and economic uncertainty," said Brian Snell, divisional senior vice-president of group markets for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. "This Special Enrollment Period is another chance for those without insurance coverage to get the peace of mind that comes with having access to quality, cost-effective health care – and many will qualify for financial assistance from the government."
To make coverage more affordable for individuals and families and to encourage broad participation in health insurance, the Affordable Care Act offers financial assistance to reduce monthly premiums. For the 2019 plan year, approximately 9.2M or 86%1 of Exchange enrollees in February 2020 benefitted from a subsidy intended to lower the cost of monthly health insurance premiums.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois is standing by to offer support to members shopping for health insurance in these unprecedented times. Those looking to shop for coverage can learn about Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois products and buy directly from us. We offer multiple tools to help people navigate their options:
- The retail shopping cart is available now to begin exploring plans.
- Our Think Blue team is offering virtual one-on-one appointments, as well as virtual educational seminars.
- February 20, 10am – 1pm
- February 27, 10am – 1pm
- March 2, 3pm – 5pm
- Visit www.thinkblueil.com for additional dates and times
- Phone help is offered at 888-809-2810
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. CT
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of IllinoisBlue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is committed to expanding access to quality, cost-effective health care to as many people as possible in Illinois. BCBSIL is dedicated to innovation and exploring, nurturing and activating future possibilities to make the health care system work better for our members and our communities. BCBSIL is a division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Learn more at bcbsil.com and follow us on twitter and Facebook.
1 CMS.gov, Early 2020-2019 Effectuated Enrollment Report, Dated July 23, 2020
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/february-15-open-enrollment-includes-blue-cross-and-blue-shield-of-illinois-aca-plans-in-every-illinois-county-301227814.html
SOURCE Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sierra Hinson joins Popular Pays as Chief Financial Officer
- Innovative and Eco-friendly Masks to Provide Silver Lining for Declining Consumer Face Mask Market
- Frost & Sullivan Examines Decade of Strong Growth in the Global Energy Storage Market