Exacis Biotherapeutics Announces Key Addition To Its Executive Leadership Team With Dirk Huebner MD Joining As Chief Medical Officer
- S&P 500, Dow set to ease from record levels; Coca-Cola rises on results
- UK to Intervene on National Security Grounds on NVIDIA (NVDA) and Arm Deal
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
- Names key executive Dirk Huebner MD, as Chief Medical Officer - Immuno-oncology cell therapy company creates innovative, stealth and performance engineered T and NK cells from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) - Uses proprietary mRNA-based cell engineering to develop cancer cell therapies - avoids viruses and DNA
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Jan. 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Exacis Biotherapeutics, Inc., a development-stage immuno-oncology company working to harness the immune system to cure cancer, today announced the addition of Dirk Huebner, MD, as its Chief Medical Officer. Exacis launched in 2020 to develop next generation mRNA-based cellular therapeutics to treat liquid and solid tumors.
Exacis CEO Gregory Fiore MD said, "Dirk is a wonderful addition and a great fit for our management team. His extensive experience in oncology drug development, including antibody related therapies will be instrumental as we build our pipeline to include high performance stealth edited NK and T cells, with and without CARs (ExaNK™, ExaCAR-NK™ and ExaCAR-T™). We look forward to Dirk's insights and medical leadership as we build the company and advance our portfolio."
Dr. Huebner joins Exacis from Mersana Therapeutics where he was the Chief Medical Officer, oversaw their clinical development and helped build the company's clinical infrastructure. Dr Huebner has worked in oncology and immuno-oncology drug development and academia for more than 25 years and brings a deep understanding of the needs in the oncology space as well as the ability to successfully deliver products to meet those needs.
Commenting on the new role, Dr. Huebner said, "I am thrilled to join the Exacis team and work with best-in-class technology to create innovative, next-generation engineered NK and T cell therapies that have the potential to improve outcomes and treatment experiences for patients with challenging hematologic and solid tumor malignancies."
About Exacis Biotherapeutics
Exacis is a development stage immuno-oncology company focused on harnessing the human immune system to cure cancer. Exacis uses its proprietary mRNA-based technologies to engineer next generation off-the-shelf NK and T cell therapies aimed at liquid and solid tumors. Exacis was founded in 2020 with an exclusive license to a broad suite of patents covering the use of mRNA-based cell reprogramming and gene editing technologies for oncology.
ExaNK™, ExaCAR-NK™ and ExaCAR-T™ utilize mRNA cell reprogramming and mRNA gene editing technologies developed and owned by Factor Bioscience. Exacis has an exclusive license to the Factor Bioscience technology for engineered NK and T cell products derived from iPSCs for use in oncology and holds all global development and commercial rights for these investigational candidates.
About T and Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapies
T and NK cells are types of human immune cells that are able to recognize and destroy cancer cells and can be modified through genetic engineering to target specific tumors.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/exacis-biotherapeutics-announces-key-addition-to-its-executive-leadership-team-with-dirk-huebner-md-joining-as-chief-medical-officer-301218159.html
SOURCE Exacis Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Omnicom's Credera Acquires Areteans to Extend Digital Transformation & Marketing Consulting Depth
- Sagicor wins prestigious interactive marketing awards
- Consider Pastures Launches First National Egg Brand To Take Pasture-Raised Eggs One Step Further Through A Commitment To The Principles Of Regenerative Agriculture