DoubleLine Paper: A New Multipolar Order Takes Aim at the U.S. Dollar
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- DoubleLine Capital LP has posted on DoubleLine.com a new paper titled "Taking Aim at the U.S. Dollar, the World Builds a Multipolar Trade-and-Payments," written by Bill Campbell, co-Portfolio Manager of the DoubleLine Global Bond Strategy.
For a copy of the paper, please click on this link: https://doubleline.com/dl/wp-content/uploads/Taking-Aim-at-the-Dollar-in-a-Multipolar-Order-January-2021.pdf
Since 1944, the U.S. has reigned as the world's reserve currency and hold the central place in the settlement of international payments. Washington, Mr. Campbell writes, has wielded the dollar's privileged status to effect trade tariffs and sanctions on other countries. However, he observes that in the competition of international trade, as in Newtonian physics, for "every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Countries in Asia and Europe, he writes, are adopting new trading blocks and payment regimes aimed at the supplanting the dollar's central role in trade and finance.
"For the postwar period, the United States wielded the dollar's central role in global trade and finance to its advantage, trying to even the playing field for trading relationships and as a sanctioning facility. The end of this powerful, unipolar advantage might be at hand," Mr. Campbell writes. "The pendulum is swinging in the direction of a new, multipolar world. Countries are reclaiming autonomy in global trade, payments and finance. With the implementation of more regional trade agreements with local currency settlements, the dollar's once-dominant role in global finance likely will continue to erode."
About DoubleLine Capital LP
DoubleLine Capital LP is an investment adviser registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. DoubleLine's offices can be reached by telephone at (213) 633-8200 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. News media can reach DoubleLine by e-mail at email@example.com. DoubleLine® is a registered trademark of DoubleLine Capital LP.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/doubleline-paper-a-new-multipolar-order-takes-aim-at-the-us-dollar-301222702.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Transportation Secretary Buttigieg says it's 'time to reckon with issues that are literally physically built into our transportation infrastructure.'
- BLU SHAREHOLDER FILING DEADLINE: Bernstein Liebhard LLP Reminds Investors of the Deadline to File a Lead Plaintiff in a Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against BELLUS Health, Inc.
- “Chevron under fire for supporting the Myanmar military” - rights groups SumOfUs and International Campaign for the Rohingya say