Dignitana-backed insurance legislation clears Texas House, progresses to Senate
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Dignitana AB, world leader in scalp cooling innovation, announces today that HB1588, a Bill mandating insurance plan coverage for scalp cooling in Texas, was passed in the Texas House of Representatives on Friday. The Bill was introduced by Rep. Jeff Leach and 4 other legislators and now moves to the Texas Senate where it will be introduced by Sen. Angela Paxton as SB 862. Once passed in the Senate, the Bill then requires approval by Texas Governor Greg Abbott before being signed into law. If approved, it would take effect in September 2021.
Dignitana began working with Rep. Jeff Leach early in 2019 to initiate this legislation. In May 2019 a similar Bill was passed in the Texas House, but that legislative session ended before the Bill was brought to a vote. The Texas legislature only meets every other year.
"We were honored to work with Rep. Jeff Leach to get this legislation introduced and passed to provide cancer patients with coverage for scalp cooling," said William Cronin, CEO of Dignitana AB. "Removing financial barriers to scalp cooling is critical to our ability to help more patients, and we are happy to see the first steps being made in that direction right here in our home state of Texas."
For More Information Contact
Melissa Bourestom, VP Corporate Communications, email@example.com +1 469-518-5031
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
SOURCE Dignitana AB
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Enesi Pharma's ImplaVax®-Enabled, Solid-Dose Recombinant Classical Swine Fever (CSF) Vaccine Produces Immune Responses Superior to Liquid Vaccine
- Invizius Announces Successful Series A Financing to Develop Anti-Inflammatory Treatment for Haemodialysis
- Reliq Health Technologies, Inc. Announces New Skilled Nursing Facility Clients, Expansion of Care Management Team
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!