David Huang, M.D., Ph.D., receives Lasker Award for transformative imaging technology
- Wall St ends lower as investors weigh fresh employment data
- U.S. private employers add 103,000 jobs in November - ADP
- Data storage group MongoDB delivers upbeat guidance after Q3 results top estimates
- Stocks slip, 10-year Treasury yield falls as rate cut timing weighed
- A major Wall Street bank is out with S&P 500 forecast for 2024
Prize dubbed 'America's Nobel' recognizes wide use of optical coherence tomography to manage eye disease, prevent blindness
Huang is receiving the 2023 Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award as a co-inventor of optical coherence tomography, or OCT, the Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation has announced.
"It's a great honor to receive the Lasker-DeBakey Award with my fellow OCT co-inventors," said Huang, director of research and associate director of the OHSU Casey Eye Institute, and professor of ophthalmology and biomedical engineering in the OHSU School of Medicine.
"OCT may not be as well-known as other major imaging modalities, such as MRI or CT scans, but if you have a serious eye condition, chances are that you received an OCT scan to help diagnose and manage your condition," he said. "I am proud that millions of people have benefited from a technology that I helped invent three decades ago."
The award is one of three that the Lasker Foundation gives annually to recognize leaders who have made major advances in the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of human disease. Lasker prizes are sometimes referred to as "America's Nobels," as 95 Lasker award winners have gone on to receive the Nobel Prize.
Huang shares this year's Lasker-DeBakey award with fellow OCT co-inventors
Click here for the full release — including information about
Click here to learn more about
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/david-huang-md-phd-receives-lasker-award-for-transformative-imaging-technology-301935122.html
SOURCE Oregon Health & Science University
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- atNorth Announces Heat Reuse Enabled Mega Site in Kouvola
- PGS Contract Award in Asia Pacific
- Accura Scan, The Only Certified Biometric Solution Provider in Middle East & Africa for Banks and Telcos
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!