Cryptocurrency Soon Backed By Cannabis? Right Now, Says DX8!
- Wall St opens higher on earnings boost; supply chain worries linger
- Netflix (NFLX) Beats Estimates but Shares Slip on Conservative 4Q Net Adds Outlook, Analysts Mostly Positive and Raise Price Targets; Deutsche Bank Downgrades to Hold
- United Airline (UAL) Stock Gains on Smaller-Than-Expected 3Q Loss, Analysts Expect Stronger Recovery in 4Q and 2022
- Micron (MU) Commits to Spend $150 Billion on Memory and R&D Over the Next Decade, Will Build a $7 Billion Plant in Japan and Considers Building a New US Memory Factory
- 63% Investors Say SpaceX Could Become More Valuable Than Tesla (TSLA) and Represents More Attractive Investment - Morgan Stanley's Survey
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
DEARBORN, Mich., June 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The rapid growth of cryptocurrency and marijuana industries in the United States has given birth to a new market beast; Crypto backed by cannabis.
Delta 8 (DX8), a SmartChain-powered cryptocurrency on the Binance marketplace, recently launched with a $1 billion market capitalization according to DX8 exchange and is set on growing to explode as the currency used in the cannabis marketplace.
DX8's Founder and CEO, Mohamad Ali, said that his goal in the near-term is to create a stable, growing cryptocurrency that's used as both an investment and a fast, secure transaction currency for cannabis dispensaries and medicinal users.
"Our goal was to create smart web tools and applications that allow fast, contactless and comphrensive payment transactions," said Ali. "By focusing on our transaction infrastructure, we're preparing to accommodate massive growth."
Hamade, also a successful musician, says he'll be using his industry contacts within marijuana dispensaries throughout the United States to grow DX8s' customer base.
"Many banking facilities used by dispensaries offer very small interest rates on their savings accounts, and their newly imposed high transaction fees will cut into the bottom lines of dispensaries," said Hamade. "Dispensaries don't have many options. By offering lower transaction fees, compounded with the projected growth we've seen in other crypto markets, we believe we're filling a void that's needed in the marijuana marketplace."
Hamade says that during Phase 1, which includes Quarters 3 and 4 of 2021, he intends to set up web applications and smartphone apps that allow fast transactions using DX8. He's also procuring contracts with more than 50 dispensaries throughout the United States.
During Phase 2, his plans for DX8 include a more aggressive approach, using viral marketing, industry music promotions, as well as direct outreach to encourage more dispensaries and marijuana users to purchase and use DX8 currency for transactions.
While the concept may seem unconventional, it's actually not that strange. There was actually a time during the Roman Empire when salt was used as currency, later backed by precious metals and other commodities. Today, we accept the faith and credit of the United States to back our currency.
So, why not weed, as the future of wealth continues to grow?
For more information about DX8, please visit: dx8crypto.com
SOURCE Delta 8 (DX8)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research Announces 2021 Small Grant Awardees
- Bloomerang Launches New Suite of Fundraising Tools
- Arson Destroyed their Building, but Portland Garment Factory is Reopening with More Ambition Than Ever
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!