Copel reports adjusted EBITDA of R$1.5 billion in the fourth quarter
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
CURITIBA, Brazil, March 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia Paranaense de Energia - Copel (NYSE: ELPVY, ELP / Latibex: XCOP / B3: CPLE3, CPLE5, CPLE6), a company that generates, transmits, distributes and sells power, announces its results for the fourth quarter of 2020 and would like to invite you all for its conference call on Thursday to discuss its results.
In 4Q20, earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization reached R$ 1,308.7 million, 26.5% higher than the R$ 1,034.5 million recorded in 4Q19. This result is basically due to the 82.5% growth in the "electricity sales to distributors" line, mainly due to the commercialization of 564 GWh of energy produced by UTE Araucária ("UEGA") in 4Q20 and the higher volume of energy sold in bilateral contracts by Copel Mercado Livre; (ii) the 14.7% increase in the "use of the main distribution and transmission grid" line, a consequence of the 3.3% growth in the distributor's grid market and the periodic tariff review and tariff readjustment in transmission contracts , and by the net record of R$ 178.2 million in reversals in the "provisions and reversals" line, partially offset by the 32.5% increase in "electricity purchased for resale". Excluding non-recurring items, adjusted EBITDA was R$ 1,489.1 million, 50.6% higher than that recorded in 4Q19.
The complete release is available at the Company's website: ir.copel.com
Conference Call: March 18, 2021 – THURSDAY
English: 13:00 p.m. – UST Dial in number: +1 646 843 6054 Access Code: Copel (Simultaneous translation into English)
Live webcast at ir.copel.com
Contacts: Investor Relations – COPELPhone: (55 41) 3331-4011E-mail:email@example.com
SOURCE Copel - Companhia Paranaense de Energia
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Score Media and Gaming (SCR) Reports Q2 Loss of C$0.45/sh
- Early Warning Press Release Regarding Investment in Troubadour Resources Inc.
- Canadian Developer Concord Pacific, Awarded South Lake Union's 2020 Good Neighbor of the Year for their ongoing support of communities and front-line workers during the Covid-19 pandemic