Conning--Middle Market Leaders Navigate a Changing Environment
- Wall St closes higher as vaccine update feeds optimism
- Pfizer (PFE) and BioNTech (BNTX) Say Early Data Shows Booster Protects Against Omicron Variant, Analyst Sees 'Best in Class Covid Franchise'
- Tesla (TSLA) PT Raised to Street High $1,580 at New Street Research on 'Multiple Strong Catalysts'
- Apple (AAPL) Cut iPhone Production 20% in September and October, Assembly Line Stopped for ‘Several Days’ for the First Time in Over 10 Years - Nikkei
- Visa (V) Launches Crypto Advisory Service, Presents Findings of New Survey
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
HARTFORD, Conn., Oct. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The middle market represents approximately 180,000 businesses domestically in the United States. These medium-sized businesses play a crucial role in bridging the economic landscape from small main-street and home-based businesses up to the large, national corporations. The middle market is highly competitive, where no insurer has more than 10% of the market, according to a new study by Conning.
"While containing significantly fewer firms than the small commercial market, the wide variety of risk management needs, broader risk profiles and corresponding premiums charged make the middle market one of considerable size," said Alan Walters, a Vice President, Insurance Research at Conning. "In fact, our market estimate places the middle market as the largest market along the spectrum of the small /middle market/large & national accounts."
The Conning study, "2021 Middle Market: Leaders Push Ahead" reviews the middle market commercial insurance landscape, including market size estimates, account characteristics, and distribution trends. Insights were drawn through an analysis of insurer financials and business and labor statistics, as well as in-depth interviews with national, regional, and specialty insurers serving the middle market.
"The middle market is a dynamic and marketplace led by national insurers, but also influenced by smaller insurers, regional competitors, and monoline specialists," said Steve Webersen, Head of Insurance Research at Conning. "Barriers to entry, including regulatory and financial, are high for all but the most focused approaches, such as specific industries or specialty lines of business."
"2021 Middle Market: Leaders Push Ahead" is available for purchase from Conning by calling (888) 707-1177 or by visiting www.conningresearch.com.
ABOUT CONNING®Conning (www.conning.com) is a leading investment management firm with a long history of serving the insurance industry. Conning supports institutional investors, including pension plans, with investment solutions and asset management offerings, risk modeling software, and industry research. Founded in 1912, Conning has investment centers in Asia, Europe and North America.
Media ContactRebekah HumphreyConning860-299-2341Rebekah.email@example.com
SOURCE Conning, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Inception Growth Acquisition Limited Announces Pricing of $90,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- What's New In The Bahamas In December
- MPB BHC, INC., The Holding Company For Metro Phoenix Bank, Enters Into A Merger Agreement With Alerus Financial Corporation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!