ChromaDex, Inc. Discontinues Advertising Claims for Tru Niagen Dietary Supplement Following National Advertising Division Challenge
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, Oct. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Following a BBB National Programs National Advertising Division (NAD) challenge, brought as part of NAD's routine monitoring of national advertising for truth and transparency, the advertiser ChromaDex, Inc. permanently discontinued advertising claims regarding the performance benefits of its Tru Niagen dietary supplement.
The challenged claims included the express claim "increases energy," as well as this recent testimonial by former NFL star, Shannon Sharpe, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame:
- "I've seen my energy levels go up, and I'm able to work out with the same intensity that I once did. I'm even crushing guys in their 20s and 30s at the gym. I was just tired. I didn't have that get up and go. Tru Niagen supercharges my cells and helps me refuel my tank."
During the proceeding, the advertiser informed NAD it had permanently discontinued the challenged claim and testimonial. Therefore, NAD did not review these claims on the merits.
Regarding future advertising, NAD advised ChromaDex to consider NAD precedent on the relevant ingredients of its product and ensure that its claims do not expressly state or imply performance benefits akin to those identified in NAD's inquiry without reliable supportive evidence.
About BBB National Programs: BBB National Programs is where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust and consumers are heard. The non-profit organization creates a fairer playing field for businesses and a better experience for consumers through the development and delivery of effective third-party accountability and dispute resolution programs. Embracing its role as an independent organization since the restructuring of the Council of Better Business Bureaus in June 2019, BBB National Programs today oversees more than a dozen leading national industry self-regulation programs, and continues to evolve its work and grow its impact by providing business guidance and fostering best practices in arenas such as advertising, child-directed marketing, and privacy. To learn more, visit bbbprograms.org.
About the National Advertising Division: The National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs provides independent self-regulation and dispute resolution services, guiding the truthfulness of advertising across the U.S. NAD reviews national advertising in all media and its decisions set consistent standards for advertising truth and accuracy, delivering meaningful protection to consumers and leveling the playing field for business.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chromadex-inc-discontinues-advertising-claims-for-tru-niagen-dietary-supplement-following-national-advertising-division-challenge-301392733.html
SOURCE BBB National Programs
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lomotif Welcomes its Special Guests Lil Nas X and The Kid Laroi to Electronic Daisy Carnival (EDC)
- Onbe Becomes One of First Corporate Disbursement Platforms to Join U.S. Faster Payments Council
- Media Advisory: ATA Chief Economist on Driver Shortage
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!