Chargebee adds revenue recognition capabilities to solve complex finance challenges for SaaS and subscription-based businesses
- Tech lifts S&P 500, Nasdaq amid inflation, China growth worries
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices ease off highs as U.S. factory data weighs on market
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
With acquisition of RevLock, Chargebee RevRec helps users automate complex financial reporting processes
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Chargebee, the leading subscription billing and revenue management platform, today announced its acquisition of revenue recognition platform RevLock to expand the company's product offerings. By combining the two services, users can unlock automated revenue recognition as part of their billing processes, minimizing time-intensive manual labor and ensuring compliance with local and federal reporting regulations.
"Our mission at Chargebee is to solve important challenges for our customers and empower subscription-first businesses to grow with confidence. As we continue to build a category leading product for subscription management and billing we see revenue recognition as the natural next step," said Krish Subramanian, Co-founder and CEO at Chargebee. "With Chargebee RevRec, we are committed to offering our customers a best-in-class solution that automates some of the most challenging aspects of the billing process for subscription-based businesses.
The acquisition comes on the heels of Chargebee's latest funding round, where the company reached unicorn status as it increased capital to expand product capabilities for its global customer base. RevLock and Chargebee have partnered through integrations for the past year, and this acquisition brings the two companies together as Chargebee RevRec.
"Our experience with the Chargebee and RevLock partnership has been seamless from start to finish. Not only does the product add tremendous value to our company by eliminating hours of manual labor and delivering accurate results, it has also provided a standardized framework for our revenue recognition process. We can better understand our data and trust the reporting without worrying about rapid changes to our business and compliance with GAAP. It's completely automated!" - Robert Pejovich, Accounting Manager at GoSite, Inc.
Chargebee RevRec automates revenue recognition processes for SaaS companies and helps them stay compliant to changing regulations, including the revenue recognition standard ASC 606, developed by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). Under the regulation, revenue is only recognized when the contractual obligation is met with the delivery of service, instead of when payment is made. With this acquisition, Chargebee customers can:
- Recognize revenue based on the 5-step compliance model outlined by the ASC 606 standard
- Achieve complete visibility through detailed reporting and dashboards
- Manage modifications arising mid-cycle, such as bonuses or refunds
- Seamlessly integrate with billing and collections and ERP systems
- Avoid costly errors and miscalculations by keeping up with changing accounting standards and interpretations
- Make quick and accurate decisions
"We are thrilled to join Chargebee and offer RevRec so that modern-day finance leaders will have a one-stop solution to digitally transform recurring invoicing, accounts receivables and financial reporting," added Craig Kirsch, CEO of RevLock.
About ChargebeeChargebee is the subscription billing and revenue management platform that automates revenue operations of over 3000 high-growth subscription-based businesses from startups to enterprises. Its SaaS platform helps subscription businesses across verticals - SaaS, eCommerce, e-learning, IoT, Publications etc. manage and grow their revenue by automating operations around subscriptions, billing, invoicing, payments and revenue recognition and it provides key metrics, reports and insights into their business. Founded in 2011, Chargebee today includes businesses across 60 countries, like Okta, Freshworks, Calendly and Study.com amongst its customers. Learn more about Chargebee at www.chargebee.com
About RevLock RevLock streamlines companies' revenue recognition process through automation making the complex simple. Founded in 2018, RevLock has helped hundreds of companies efficiently comply with GAAP while providing powerful analytics to help manage their business.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chargebee-adds-revenue-recognition-capabilities-to-solve-complex-finance-challenges-for-saas-and-subscription-based-businesses-301392345.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Female Founders Alliance Announces New VC Fund, Name and Mission
- Health Center Partners Announces its Member Health Centers Earn Quality Awards, Funding for Technologic Advancements
- Specialdocs Presents a Unique Perspective on the Future of Concierge Medicine at the Industry's Signature Event Oct. 21-23
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!