CED Mourns the Passing of Arne Sorenson
- Wall Street rises as big banks kick off earnings season
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
WASHINGTON, Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED) joins the nation and the global community in mourning the passing of Arne Sorenson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Marriott International, Inc. Throughout his career at Marriott, Arne Sorenson lent the power of his business leadership to addressing society's most important social and economic challenges. Part of his lasting legacy will be his commitment to action on the central issues of diversity & inclusion. In 2017, as a recipient of CED's Distinguished Performance Award for leading programs that foster diversity in the workplace and champion underrepresented groups, Arne Sorenson shared: "The great saying of our culture is 'Success is never final' and in truth what that means is that no matter how much progress we think we made we cannot rest because there is so much more that we can accomplish." In honor of his life-long commitment to action, let us not rest.
About CEDThe Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED) is the nonprofit, nonpartisan, business-led public policy center that delivers well-researched analysis and reasoned solutions in the nation's interest. CED Trustees are chief executive officers and key executives of leading US companies who bring their unique experience to address today's pressing policy issues. Collectively they represent 30+ industries, over a trillion dollars in revenue, and over 4 million employees. www.ced.org
About The Conference BoardThe Conference Board is the member-driven think tank that delivers trusted insights for what's ahead. Founded in 1916, we are a non-partisan, not-for-profit entity holding 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt status in the United States. www.conference-board.org
SOURCE Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netenrich Presents SANS Webcast: Understanding Your Threat and Attack Surface with Netenrich's Attack Surface Intelligence
- XTM Inc. to Present Live at April 15th Tech Virtual Investor Conference
- Kyle Media and Aidentified Partnership Sets New Standard for Marketing Efficiency and ROI via AI-based Sales & Marketing Platform for Marine Marketers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!