CAIR to Issue Report Detailing 6000+ American Muslim Civil Rights Complaints
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
'Resilience in the Face of Hate' shows trends in complaints since 2018 and during COVID-19 pandemic
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WASHINGTON, April 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- On Monday, April 26, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, will hold a virtual news conference to release its latest report on the civil rights of American Muslims, titled "Resilience in the Face of Hate."
CAIR representatives scheduled to take part in the news conference include:
- Nihad Awad: CAIR National Executive Director
- Gadeir Abbas: CAIR Senior Litigation Attorney
- Zanah Ghalawanji: CAIR Staff Attorney
- Edward Ahmed Mitchell: CAIR National Deputy Executive Director
- Huzaifa Shahbaz: CAIR National Research and Advocacy Coordinator
CAIR's report will detail the more than 6,000 civil rights complaints the Washington, D.C., based group received in the past year.
It also outlines the civil rights group's major legal achievements in 2019 and 2020, its efforts proactively empower American Muslims and CAIR's role in seeking hate crime investigations by law enforcement authorities.
"CAIR is committed to protecting the rights of American Muslims and empowering them to fight for justice for all people. We aspire to have a nation in which all Americans have the equal right to freely practice their faith regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity," said CAIR Research and Advocacy Coordinator Huzaifa Shahbaz, the report's author. "This report shows that we all have work to do to actualize the ideals on which our nation was founded."
CAIR's mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.
CONTACT: CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trustpac Offers Special Promotions on IPO Contracts
- Delic Holdings Inc. Confirms No Material Undisclosed Information and Comments on Recent Promotional Activities
- Maria Pappas teams up with Candace Jordan and Luxe Bloom on Mother's Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!