Byrdie Announces Fifth Annual Eco Beauty Award Winners
- Wall Street closes lower as Fed officials project rate hikes for 2023
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent (Full Statement)
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Profit and Sales Views But Stock Falls on Guidance Miss, Analysts Still Raise PTs
- General Motors (GM) to Boost EV and AV Investments to $35 Billion Through 2025
- Oil settles near $75, at multi-year highs
Honors "Clean Beauty Heroes" for the first time in new category
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, April 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Byrdie (www.byrdie.com) announced its fifth Eco Beauty Awards, honoring the best clean beauty brands that employ and emphasize non-toxic ingredients, innovation, and sustainability. Winners are tested and analyzed by Byrdie's editors and industry-leading guest judges using Byrdie's proprietary clean beauty standards.
This year, alongside 78 product categories such as Best AM Moisturizer, Best Body SPF, and Best Do-It-All Hair Product, are six new "people" categories naming Byrdie's "Clean Beauty Heroes," all leaders in the eco beauty space:
- The Changemaker: Anitra Marsh, VP of Global Sustainability at Procter & Gamble
- The Disruptor: Priscilla Tsai, creator and founder of Cocokind
- The Formulator: Robyn Watkins, founder of Holistic Beauty Group
- The Educator: Jen Novakovich, cosmetic scientist at The Eco Well
- The Influencer: Dr. Michelle Wong, PhD scientist and educator at Lab Muffin Beauty Science
- The Innovator: Cary Lin and Angela Ubias, co-founders of Common Heir
Another first for this year is the design of the awards editorial itself. Rather than a single roundup of winners, a landing page—anchored with bold, original photography—serves as a home base where readers can discover the winners by category (Skincare, Bodycare, Haircare, Makeup, Under $25, and Clean Beauty Heroes), learn more about the awards process and meet the guest judges, and read additional eco beauty explainers to clarify the often confusing language surrounding "clean" beauty. Additionally, the winner profiles benefit from scannable features such as tags (Cruelty-Free, Gives Back, Black-Owned and more) and bulleted highlights that easily capture key points.
Byrdie's expert editors and guest judges tested thousands of products throughout the year and nominated more than 300 finalists that qualify as "clean" according to Byrdie's Clean Beauty Pledge. The 2021 winners represent the best in clean, eco-friendly beauty solutions, and include top brands and products to watch across skincare, haircare and makeup, from back-to-back winners such as Love Beauty and Planet, Aveda and W3LL People, to newcomers like Projekt Glitter and Common Heir."Byrdie had the foresight to start the Eco Beauty Awards back in 2017, and our fifth anniversary comes after a year of the most extreme focus on our health and well-being," said Leah Wyar, SVP/General Manager. "Our expanded list, in its new, intuitive format, directly connects readers to the resources they need as they continue to refine their routines."
See the full list of Byrdie's 2021 Eco Beauty Award winners here.
About ByrdieByrdie is dedicated to all things beauty, inside and out. From hair and makeup to health and wellness, Byrdie takes a fresh, no-nonsense approach to feeling and looking your best. Byrdie reaches more than eight million people each month. www.byrdie.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Scandia Inc. Announces Acquisition of Xtreme Organics Inc. To Expand Growth In Medicinal Chemicals And Botanical Products Space
- Yum China to Report Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- ADB Increases Credit Limit For SeABank To US$30 Million
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!