Brookdale Reports December 2020 Occupancy
- Wall St tumbles on weak consumer sentiment, rising bond yields
- Ford (F) Stock Soars on $11.4 Billion EV Partnership with Battery Maker SK Innovation (SKOVF)
- Brent dips after topping $80 a barrel, highest since Oct 2018
- Piper Sandler Raises Estimates on Tesla (TSLA) Ahead of 'Best-Ever Quarter' in Q3
- Buy-the-dip Mentality Continues to Dominate, Last Week's $5.9 Billion Stock Inflows Were Fourth Largest Since 2008 - BofA
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (NYSE: BKD) reported today its consolidated occupancy for December 2020.
- As expected, the sequential rate of occupancy decline moderated in the fourth quarter.
- While a significant number of states are seeing a resurgence in COVID-19 cases, 89% of Brookdale's communities were open for move-ins on December 31, 2020, reflecting the company's strong infection control protocols and use of testing.
- As of today, around 90% of our communities have either successfully completed or are currently scheduled for initial COVID-19 vaccine clinics, with more clinics being scheduled daily.
- For the fourth quarter 2020, we expect* to recognize approximately $78 million from government grant programs and approximately $30 million of COVID-related expenses.
- We expect to continue to publish monthly occupancy until we return to providing financial guidance, at which point we would expect to return to our historical reporting practices.
* This preliminary financial information is based on management's estimates derived from the information available at this time and is subject to revision upon finalization of the Company's financial reporting procedures. Such information may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
About Brookdale Senior Living Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is the leading operator of senior living communities throughout the United States. The Company is committed to providing senior living solutions primarily within properties that are designed, purpose-built and operated to provide the highest-quality service, care and living accommodations for residents. Brookdale operates and manages independent living, assisted living, memory care and continuing care retirement communities, with 726 communities in 43 states and the ability to serve approximately 64,000 residents as of December 31, 2020. The Company also offers a range of home health, hospice and outpatient therapy services to over 17,000 patients as of that date. Brookdale's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol BKD.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brookdale-reports-december-2020-occupancy-301205648.html
SOURCE Brookdale Senior Living Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Witherite Law Group Gives $36,000 To Fund the Tubman Museum After-School Children's Program
- Promises made and promises broken: We should all be allowed to commemorate Truth and Reconciliation Day – Commentary by Paul R. Meinema, National President, UFCW Canada
- GoDaddy Challenges the Status Quo In Payments, Launches Breakthrough Commerce Solution At Ultra-Competitive Pricing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!