Branch Technology completes the first 3D-printed commercial building envelope in the United States
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., May 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Branch Technology has created another category defining project with Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union's newest office building. This is the first 3D printed GFRC facade in the world; it also defines several other categories, the first commercial building with a 3D printed building envelope in the US, and the first freeform 3D printed composite project ever.
The design emulates the rippling Tennessee River and draws inspiration from the TVFCU logo. The walls visually move your eye to the entry and corner tower element of the project.
"This project is an example of democratized design freedom where the unique ability of 3D printing to create mass customized panels allow buildings to break out of the box of typical construction methods," says Platt Boyd, Branch Technology CEO and Founder. "For those early adopters, creating something distinctive in the market says to their clients we're willing to think differently and do things differently to create value for our clients."
Branch Technology's next-generation walls are made up of a freeform 3D-printed matrix filled with fire-rated insulation, providing an average value of R-49. The panels are then robotically milled down to the final surface articulation, finished with a thin layer of glass fiber reinforced concrete, and then a water repellent, self-cleaning finish. TVFCU is an example of both beautiful and functional design that will save energy for the life of the building.
ABOUT BRANCH TECHNOLOGY: Branch Technology is a revolutionary construction-tech company that 3D prints facades for commercial buildings. Branch Technology combines industrial robotics, powerful geometry-based algorithms, and a novel "Freeform" extrusion system that enables unprecedented design freedom and resource efficiency in the construction arena. Branch works with developers, architects, builders, and sectors of the US government to bring the productivity and design freedom of direct digital fabrication to the built environment.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/branch-technology-completes-the-first-3d-printed-commercial-building-envelope-in-the-united-states-301296929.html
SOURCE Branch Technology
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Evkeeza® (evinacumab) Phase 3 Trial Demonstrates 48% LDL-C Reduction in Children with Ultra-rare Form of High Cholesterol
- Idenergy Unveils Solution to Integrate More DERs onto the Grid
- The J. M. Smucker Co. Issues Voluntary Recall of Select Jif® Products Sold in the U.S. for Potential Salmonella Contamination
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!