Books-A-Million Aims to Hire 1,000 New Associates in One Day at Its Nationwide Hiring Event Ahead of the Holiday Shopping Season
- Stocks stall, oil cools, Evergrande and lira fall
- Tesla (TSLA) Beats EPS and Revenue Views on Improving Gross Margins, Analysts Praise Very Solid Quarter But Warn of 'Aggressive Valuation' as Stock 'Priced to Perfection'
- IBM (IBM) Stock Plunges 5% on Sales Miss, Q3 Results Seen as a Setback
- Oil hits multi-year high above $86, then pulls back
- Tesla's (TSLA) Giga Berlin Hits Another Stumbling Block, November Start Now Very Unlikely
Full-time, part-time, and seasonal opportunities are available, with on-the-spot hiring for qualified attendees at the October 9th event.
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Oct. 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- With the holidays on the way and customers starting their gift shopping earlier than ever before, Books-A-Million is taking timely steps to ensure that their stores have everything they need for a successful holiday shopping season.
That starts with making sure that every Books-A-Million, 2nd and Charles, and Joe Muggs café is fully staffed with associates who are ready and eager to work.
To that end, Books-A-Million and 2nd and Charles will hold an open Hiring Event on Saturday, October 9, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at all locations. Their goal? To hire 1,000 new associates in a single day. At the drop-in event, candidates can ask questions, learn about available positions, and get details on benefits, pay, and other perks. Qualified applicants will be hired on the spot.
Some of the most popular perks include:
- Great associate discounts
- Commission opportunities
- Book checkout program
- Flexible schedules
- A great culture
Job seekers who are unable to attend the Hiring Event can browse career opportunities here.
Books-A-Million is a well-established source for books, toys, games, collectibles, and gifts for every age and interest. Operating more than 200 locations in 32 states as well as a thriving online store, Books-A-Million delivers top-notch customer service and remarkable value through special offers, exclusive sales, and the award-winning Millionaire's Club.
Books-A-Million has seen exponential growth over more than 100 years in business, from its humble origin in 1917 as a newsstand in Florence, Alabama, to its current status as the second-largest bookseller in the United States.
CONTACTMelanie SmithVice President, Marketing205.firstname.lastname@example.org
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/books-a-million-aims-to-hire-1-000-new-associates-in-one-day-at-its-nationwide-hiring-event-ahead-of-the-holiday-shopping-season-301393429.html
SOURCE Books-A-Million, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MOLTEN Raises $7 Million Seed Funding from Top Hollywood & Tech Investors to Modernize Internal Operations of Media Companies
- Seasoned Fintech Executive and Retail Product Advocate Stefan McVeigh Joins Tradier Management Team
- HUYA Inc. to Report Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!