Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Expedites Access to Care for Members in New Jersey Affected by Winter Storm Orlena
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BOSTON, Feb. 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to winter storm Orlena, the governor of New Jersey has declared a state-wide state of emergency. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross), Inc. is expediting access to care for members who may be affected.
Blue Cross has more than 24,000 members living in New Jersey. The health plan is working to ensure those members can access health services and medications quickly and in locations convenient to them.
Effective immediately and for the next 90 days, Blue Cross is allowing:
- Early refills of any prescription medication
- Affected members to use Well Connection, the health plan's dedicated telehealth platform, to access medical and mental health services free of cost, with no copayments or deductible. Members should enter the code BCBSMA20 in the coupon code box on the payment screen.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Blue Cross has taken other steps to expand access to care that will benefit affected members in New Jersey. Blue Cross is:
- Waiving referral, authorization, and pre-certification requirements for some medical and pharmacy services.
- Covering in-network medical and mental health visits conducted via phone or video (telehealth) with no co-pay, deductible or co-insurance.
The above enhanced benefits are in effect for all Blue Cross members for the duration of the public health emergency.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (bluecrossma.org) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, affordable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with our promise to always put our members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blue-cross-blue-shield-of-massachusetts-expedites-access-to-care-for-members-in-new-jersey-affected-by-winter-storm-orlena-301221763.html
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CGTN: How are jailed extremists treated in Xinjiang?
- Global Online Wig Store UNice Announces the Opening of its Membership System
- Brandon Dawson Raises $250,000 For The Grant Cardone Foundation