Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Expedites Access to Care for Members in Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas Affected by Winter Storms
- Wall St. opens lower as Netflix slides, virus cases rise
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence dampens risk appetite
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BOSTON, Feb. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to major winter storms, the governors of Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas have declared state-wide states of emergency. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Blue Cross), Inc. is expediting access to care for members who may be affected.
Blue Cross has almost 77,000 members living in Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas. The health plan is working to ensure those members can access health services and medications quickly and in locations convenient to them.
Effective immediately and for the next 90 days, Blue Cross is allowing:
- Early refills of any prescription medication
- Affected members to use Well Connection, the health plan's dedicated telehealth platform, to access medical and mental health services free of cost, with no copayments or deductible. Members should enter the code BCBSMA21 in the coupon code box on the payment screen.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Blue Cross has taken other steps to expand access to care that will benefit affected members in Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas. Blue Cross is:
- Waiving referral, authorization, and pre-certification requirements for some medical and pharmacy services.
- Covering in-network medical and mental health visits conducted via phone or video (telehealth) with no co-pay, deductible or co-insurance.
The above enhanced benefits are in effect for all Blue Cross members for the duration of the public health emergency.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of MassachusettsBlue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (bluecrossma.org) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, affordable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with our promise to always put our members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blue-cross-blue-shield-of-massachusetts-expedites-access-to-care-for-members-in-louisiana-north-carolina-oklahoma-and-texas-affected-by-winter-storms-301231841.html
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Improved Picture Frame for Photo Displays (OTW-495)
- TMC/FleetNet America Survey Finds Varied Roadside Maintenance Intervals
- VentTabs New Dashboard Products Create Organization Solutions for Drivers