Beacon Health Solutions, LLC Provides Notification of Data Security Incident
- Nasdaq hovers near record levels as factory activity scales new peak
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar slips after Fed's Powell downplays inflation fears
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
TAMPA, Fla., April 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- On October 5, 2020, Beacon Health Solutions, LLC ("Beacon") experienced a data security incident that prevented users from accessing systems and data. Upon discovering this incident, Beacon immediately launched an investigation and engaged a digital forensics firm to help determine what happened and what information may have been accessed. On January 29, 2021, Beacon determined that personal information and protected health information belonging to certain individuals was acquired without authorization as part of the incident. The types of information potentially accessed varied by individual, but may have included name, address, Social Security number, driver's license, medical information, and health insurance information. The specific types of medical information and/or health insurance information that may have been accessed include Member/Medicaid ID numbers, treatment/diagnosis information, dates of service, provider name(s), patient account number(s), and medical record number(s).
Beacon reported this matter to the FBI and will provide whatever cooperation is necessary to hold perpetrators accountable. Impacted individuals were notified beginning on April 20, 2021. The notification included information about this incident and measures that can be taken to protect personal information and protected health information, including free identity monitoring and recovery services. To enroll in these services, affected individuals must call the toll-free number: 1-833-416-0905. Further information can be obtained at www.beaconh.com.
About Beacon Health Solutions, LLC:
Beacon is a third-party administrator ("TPA") for managed care plans headquartered in Tampa, Florida.
SOURCE Beacon Health Solutions, LLC
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wild About Bread™ Now Available At Retail In Texas As Demand For Easy To Make Bread Continues
- Mayors Welcome President Biden's New Strategy To Address Rising Gun Violence in American Cities
- Naborforce Closes $2M Series Seed Funding Round Led by Claritas Capital to Further Expand Companionship and On-Demand Support for Older Adults
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!