Alexander Ozawa, 19, announces run for Mililani's State House District 38
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close at fresh records on AI boost, easing yields
- Goldman removes Apple stock from 'US Conviction List - Directors' Cut'
- Boeing in talks to acquire Spirit AeroSystems, analysts discuss 'negative' financial benefits
- Stocks climb, yields fall as data supports rate cut bets
- Dell tops estimates on boost from AI-led server demand, shares jump premarket
"I was born and raised in
As a 2022 graduate of Mililani High School, Ozawa is acutely aware of both the opportunities and significant challenges facing his young peers.
"Coming out of the pandemic, when many
Like his two older siblings, Ozawa attended Kipapa Elementary School and Mililani Middle School. While at Mililani High, he was an editor for the award-winning Trojan Times student newspaper, and volunteered with the Interact (Rotary) and
He now works as a full-time budget analyst for the Ways and Means Committee at the Hawaiʻi State Capitol, chaired by Sen.
"Working at the Capitol has given me an invaluable perspective on all functions and levels of State government," he said. "It's basically been a full-time intensive class on what makes the government tick, how it operates, and for whom."
"Now, I want to use what I've learned to be a voice for my hometown, and for my generation," he adds.
Ozawa is also currently serving his second term on the
In addition to prioritizing public education and growing non-traditional workforce development programs, Ozawa intends to make public safety a key pillar of his campaign.
While many of the critical resources are part of the city, Ozawa intends to make the state a full partner in efforts to ensure that
Drawing from his Capitol experience, through which he was able to study thousands of line items in the state budget, Ozawa also plans to be a productive part of the House majority in advancing critical initiatives for everyone in Hawaiʻi. These include transportation, workforce and affordable housing, and growing the state's innovation ecosystem for startups and entrepreneurs.
"I am genuinely excited and optimistic about
SOURCE Friends of
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CGS International Securities Expands Securities Finance Capabilities with Broadridge SFCM Solution
- OKX Flash News: OKX Launches Solana Super Season Thread Competition with 500 USDC in Prizes
- Macy’s, Inc. Confirms Receipt of Revised, Unsolicited, Non-Binding Proposal from Arkhouse and Brigade
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!