ASQ Government Division Announces Publication of Standard ASQ/ANSI G1:2021
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
Guidelines for Evaluating the Quality of Government Operations and Services
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MILWAUKEE, March 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The ASQ Government Division, in coordination with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), formally announced the publication and availability of standard ASQ/ANSI G1:2021 Guidelines for Evaluating the Quality of Government Operations and Services, as well as the official registry of ASQ Designated Examiners and verified Government Entity Maturity Level.
"ASQ/ANSI G1:2021 provides the uniform, objective standard by which government entities can develop and confirm the level of sustainable quality of their operations and services," said Richard E. Mallory, the principal author of the standard and the immediate past Chair of The Center for Quality Standards in Government of the ASQ Government Division. "We believe that as the standard is broadly accepted and applied, it will provide a powerful tool for showing the relative efficiency and effectiveness of government entities through the sustained use of quality practices."
In relation to the standard, The Center for Quality Standards has developed training for ASQ Designated Examiners and others on the Guidelines and how they should be applied. The following ASQ members are the initial cohort of Designated Examiners:
- Richard Mallory - Former Chair of the Center for Quality Standards in Government/Mallory Management, Sacramento, CA
- Janice Stout - Chair of the Center for Quality Standards in Government, U.S. Dept. of Justice (retired), Lost Creek, WV
- Christena Shepherd - Co-Chair of the Center for Quality Standards in Government/ Jacobs Space Exploration Group, Huntsville, AL
- Larry Edwards - Larry Edwards & Associates, LLC, Huntersville, NC
- Wes Knepper - Alliance Health, Morrisville, NC
- Kerry Bass - Potential To Reality Consulting LLC. Marietta, GA
- Wayne Shelton - National Center for Explosives Training and Research, Huntsville, AL
- Jarrett Perlow - U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Washington DC
- Shaniqua Green – U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington DC
Impact For Government Entities and Their LeadersThe new Guidelines provide a concise framework for elected and appointed leaders, government entity staff and their constituents to know the objective level of maturity of the systems and underlying processes used in the operations and services delivered by the entity. Government entities that utilize the Guidelines will have the missing link for implementing quality by supporting quality disciplines like Lean Six Sigma and alignment with fundamental best practice management techniques, like the Baldrige Excellence Framework.
Final draft of press release AvailabilityThe Guidelines are available from ASQ in ePDF format at the ASQ.org Books & Standards site and at the follow url: https://asq.org/quality-press/display-item?item=T1574E
For More InformationKerry L. Bass, ASQ Senior Member, CMQ/OE, CQAThe Center for Quality Standards in Government ASQ Government DivisionMarketing and Communications Sub-committee Team Lead770firstname.lastname@example.org
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/asq-government-division-announces-publication-of-standard-asqansi-g12021-301252840.html
SOURCE The Center for Quality Standards in Government ASQ Government Division
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dover Announces Acquisition of AvaLAN Wireless Systems Incorporated, a Leading Provider of Secure Networking Solutions
- Natura &Co Notice to the Market: Filing of Form 20-F
- Investcorp Credit Management BDC, Inc. Schedules Earnings Release for its Third Quarter Ended March 31, 2021