84 Lumber to Host Hiring Event in Dallas, TX, Seeks to Fill Immediate Openings at Door Shop, Retail Stores
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Attendees Will Interview for Openings During Event on May 13th
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
EIGHTY FOUR, Pa., May 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- 84 Lumber, the nation's largest privately held building materials supplier, is launching a recruitment effort to fill immediate openings at manufacturing facilities and multiple retail locations in the Dallas region. The company will host a Hiring Event on May 13th from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dallas West/I-30 (2100 N. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX). At the event, job seekers will learn more about the company culture and get the opportunity to be interviewed for open positions in the area that include manager trainee (MT); driver; sales coordinator; and lumber yard, warehouse, door shop, and production associate. Qualified job seekers may receive an offer of employment during the event.
"84 Lumber is seeking to fill more than 30 positions at four different locations across the Dallas region, including three stores and two production facilities," said Jorge Espinoza, divisional vice president at 84 Lumber. "We're growing along with the growth in the construction industry – here in the Dallas region and across the nation. We're looking for people seeking a fresh start."
Espinoza went on to detail the openings in the region:
- Manager trainees (MTs) hired by 84 Lumber enter an intensive, one-on-one, on-the-job training program that teaches them about the company's business and puts them on a path to become a future leader within the enterprise. Starting compensation for manager trainees is more than $40,000 per year.
- Lumber yard, warehouse, door shop, and production associates need no prior experience and perform essential functions behind the scenes – from the management of supply shipments to the operation of equipment. Production associates work in the manufacturing processes related to engineered wood products, trusses, and components. These associates can expect a starting pay of between $12 and $17 per hour based on experience.
- Drivers load trucks and deliver materials to customer job sites. Hourly pay for the job is between $12 and $17 per hour depending on experience.
- Sales coordinators perform essential customer service activities to support the sales associates and stores. Sales coordinators earn between $12 and $20 per hour based on experience.
"We are a family-owned company, which means we are committed to helping our employees build and cultivate a career with us. In fact, 95% of our store managers started in our manager trainee program," Espinoza said. "As we see it, 84 Lumber recruits individuals with a can-do attitude, a willingness to work hard, and a desire to learn. Once we find these people and they join the company, we teach and train them and find ways for them to grow with us."
Espinoza added that 84 Lumber expects it might find the right fit from all types of candidates – an individual with no construction experience, military veterans ready to embark on their next career challenge, or people with some previous work experience who seek to redirect their career.
Candidates interested in participating in the Hiring Event are asked to pre-register. To sign up, go to http://www.84americandream.com/dallas and complete the form. Once you are registered, you will receive an email from 84 Lumber with the link to apply for the desired position. To save time, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for positions online before they attend the event.
NOTE: 84 Lumber requires all attendees to wear a mask at the event. Recruits will also be asked to practice social distancing during the Hiring Event. In addition, candidates will be required to undergo a background check and drug screening prior to receiving an offer of employment.
ABOUT 84 LUMBERFounded in 1956 and headquartered in Eighty Four, Pennsylvania, 84 Lumber Company is the nation's largest privately held supplier of building materials, manufactured components and industry-leading services for single- and multi-family residences and commercial buildings. The company operates nearly 250 stores, component manufacturing plants, custom door shops, custom millwork shops and engineered wood product centers in more than 30 states. 84 Lumber also offers turnkey installation services for a variety of products, including framing, insulation, siding, windows, roofing, decking and drywall. A certified national women's business enterprise owned by Maggie Hardy Knox, 84 Lumber was named by Forbes as one of America's Largest Private Companies in 2018 and one of America's Best Large Employers in 2019. For more information, visit 84lumber.com or join us at Facebook.com/84lumber and linkedin.com/company/84-lumber.
Contact: Jeff Donaldson, BLD MarketingEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (412) 347-8039 Photos: http://www.bldpressroom.com/84lumber/dallas-hiring-event
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/84-lumber-to-host-hiring-event-in-dallas-tx-seeks-to-fill-immediate-openings-at-door-shop-retail-stores-301285990.html
SOURCE 84 Lumber
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Game On! Benefit Cosmetics Launches Global Twitch Channel to Connect Beauty & Gaming Communities
- Legacy Launches First-of-its-Kind Partnership for Elite Military Special Operators
- EAN Congress: COVID-19 leads to significant cognitive and behavioural problems in patients
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!