3 reasons homeowners should practice proactive sewer line maintenance
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Brooklyn-based Petri Plumbing & Heating addresses compounding issues that can stem from lack of attention to residential sewer systems
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
BROOKLYN, N.Y., Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc., a family-owned home service company serving Brooklyn and Manhattan for more than 100 years, recommends that New York homeowners keep their sewer line top of mind this year and engage in proactive maintenance to avoid backups and costly issues as many continue to spend an above average amount of time at home.
"Sewer line maintenance is important for any homeowner, but it's often a forgotten piece of upkeep in the home," said Michael Petri, owner of Petri Plumbing & Heating. "The sewer line is where all the other plumbing lines connect. That includes your sinks, showers and toilets. If that line becomes clogged, it could cause major damage to the home."
To encourage residents to keep their sewer lines clear, Petri offers three reasons why it is important to maintain their systems:
- Reduce strain on home's plumbing: Blocked drains can cause a plumbing system to work harder to clear out debris or obstructions. Taking care of the sewage system can lighten the strain whenever there is a blockage in the system, increasing the life span of the plumbing system as a whole.
- Preventing major water damage: When a drain is severely clogged, it can increase the chances of a major problem. Those problems could include flooding inside the house or a sewage leak outside of the home. Major sewer problems can be costly as well. Maintaining sewer lines can be a leading way to prevent such issues.
- Eliminate bad odors from sewage system: Bacteria and mold can build up in drains if they are not cleaned properly. In addition to a bad smell, some bacteria can create health hazards. Regularly cleaning drains can assist in combating this issue.
"No one wants to spend a large amount of money to fix a sewage line, so it's important to be proactive and maintain your plumbing through some routine best practices," said Petri. "Avoiding flushing sanitary products, keeping grease out of your drains, and regular use of an all-natural drain cleaner are great first steps to keep your plumbing healthy. Of course, contacting a licensed professional to inspect your home is one of the best ways to get in front of any potential problem."
For more information about Petri Plumbing & Heating, or to schedule a service call, visit https://www.petriplumbing.com/ or call (718) 748-1254.
About Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is a family owned and operated business serving Brooklyn and the New York City area. Founded in 1906, the company offers a 100 percent guarantee on all services, upfront pricing, and friendly and knowledgeable Service Experts for all kinds of home and business plumbing and heating needs. Services offered include water and gas pipe leak repair and installation, fixture installations, inspections, boiler repair, water heater installation, complete bathroom, kitchen, laundry & utility room remodeling and more. Petri is also licensed and certified by Green Plumbers USA, the first in New York City to receive this designation. For more information, please visit www.petriplumbing.com or call 718-748-1254.
MEDIA CONTACT: Heather Ripley Ripley PR 865-977-1973 email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/3-reasons-homeowners-should-practice-proactive-sewer-line-maintenance-301228243.html
SOURCE Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- US Venture Mega-Deals Spike in Q1 Fueled by Record Nontraditional Investor Participation
- Servify Acquires Europe Based WebToGo, a Provider for Multichannel Self-care and Customer Experience Solutions
- 610th Consecutive Common Stock Monthly Dividend Declared By Realty Income