UPDATE: Nuance Communications (NUAN) proxy suggests Amazon (AMZN) was interested - CNBC's Faber
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 5, 2021 9:42 AM EDT)
From the Proxy:
On February 25, 2020, during a conversation regarding another company in the ordinary course of business development activities, a representative of a leading cloud technology and e-commerce company, which we refer to as Party D, conveyed to representatives of Evercore Party D’s interest in meeting with the senior leadership of Nuance to explore potential opportunities involving Nuance, ranging from a potential strategic partnership in healthcare to a potential acquisition of Nuance. The representative of Party D characterized their interest as preliminary, and indicated that Party D was seeking the meeting to learn more about Nuance’s healthcare business in light of its own nascent activities in the space. Following that conversation, a representative of Evercore communicated to Nuance senior management Party D’s interest in a meeting with Nuance senior leadership. Representatives of Nuance and Party D scheduled a meeting for April 9, 2020, but subsequently canceled that meeting due to the developing COVID-19 pandemic. Following such cancellation, Party D did not seek to reengage with Nuance and Nuance and Party D did not have further discussions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) to be Acquired by Sitel Group for $54 Per Share, 31% Premium
- China Customer Relations Centers (CCRC) Shareholders Approve Going Private Transaction
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 06/18: (CAI) (SKKE) (GERN) Higher; (ORPH) (ATHA) (CGRN) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDavid Faber, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!