UPDATE: Nuance Communications (NUAN) proxy suggests Amazon (AMZN) was interested - CNBC's Faber
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - May 5, 2021 9:42 AM EDT)
From the Proxy:
On February 25, 2020, during a conversation regarding another company in the ordinary course of business development activities, a representative of a leading cloud technology and e-commerce company, which we refer to as Party D, conveyed to representatives of Evercore Party D’s interest in meeting with the senior leadership of Nuance to explore potential opportunities involving Nuance, ranging from a potential strategic partnership in healthcare to a potential acquisition of Nuance. The representative of Party D characterized their interest as preliminary, and indicated that Party D was seeking the meeting to learn more about Nuance’s healthcare business in light of its own nascent activities in the space. Following that conversation, a representative of Evercore communicated to Nuance senior management Party D’s interest in a meeting with Nuance senior leadership. Representatives of Nuance and Party D scheduled a meeting for April 9, 2020, but subsequently canceled that meeting due to the developing COVID-19 pandemic. Following such cancellation, Party D did not seek to reengage with Nuance and Nuance and Party D did not have further discussions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Thrasio is Said in Talks to Go Public Via Churchill Capital Corp V (CCV) - Bloomberg
- Embraer's (ERJ) Eve Said in $2B Merger Talks with SPAC, Zanite Acquisition (ZNTE) - Bloomberg (earlier)
- MKS Instruments (MKSI) has approached Atotech (ATC) with an acquisition offer - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDavid Faber, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!