Twitter (TWTR) Gains on Speculation SoftBank Could Step Up to the Plate
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Some of the upside in Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) today (+1%) is being attributed to chatter that SoftBank could step-up as a buyer for the company. The speculation follows news Thursday afternoon that SoftBank is partnering with Saudi Arabia to create a $25 billion tech fund, that can grow to $100 billion over five years. Twitter's market cap is $12.6 billion.
In a series of tweets, @1971Capital lists several reasons a deal could make sense:
1) I’ve been saying for the past year that Softbank’s Masayoshi Son is the most likely acquirer of Twitter $TWTR
2) Now Masayoshi Son/Softbank have a $100bil tech fund he’s put together w Saudi Arabia. Prince Al-Waleed is $TWTR's 2nd biggest shareholder
3) Watch 16:30 mark of this vid & the last minute where he says he’ll get into social media “1 way or another” $TWTR
4) Masayoshi Son will be in San Francisco next week at the Arm TechCon. Look it up... $TWTR
5) In mid-2105 Softbank’s previous CEO Nikesh Arora said they were interested in buying $TWTR
6) Wouldn’t surprise me if all the $TWTR deal talk lit a BIG fire under Masayoshi Son to put this $100 mil investment fund together
7) There is a very good chance Masayoshi Son simply can’t let Twitter slip away $TWTR imho
8) $TWTR is huge in Japan where Softbank is headquartered and Masayoshi Son resides
9) One other thing - Masayoshi Son has more balls than Sundar Pichai, Tim Cook and Satya Nadella combined. He’s the real deal... $TWTR
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) to be Acquired by Sitel Group for $54 Per Share, 31% Premium
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Prices Upsized $1.0 Billion Equity Units Offering
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Receives European Commission Approval for Onureg as Frontline Oral Maintenance Therapy for Adults with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!