KKR to take machinery maker Circor private in $1.6-billion deal
- S&P 500, Nasdaq notch biggest weekly losses since March
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Citi says Meta shares to rally in near term on share gains, upcoming AI event
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
FILE PHOTO: Trading information for KKR & Co is displayed on a screen on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York, U.S., August 23, 2018. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid//File Photo
(Reuters) - KKR & Co Inc said on Monday it will buy industrial machinery maker Circor International Inc in a $1.6-billion deal and take it private, as the private equity firm looks to double down on investments in the flow-control market.
Flow-control products help manage and control liquids and gases using equipment or services such as pumps, valves, compressors and meters.
Circor, which has about 3,100 employees, makes pump and valve systems for sectors including oil and gas, industrial, aerospace and defense.
"KKR will help us expand our presence in the flow-control space," Circor's Chief Executive Officer Tony Najjar said.
KKR said it will pay $49 per share, sending Circor's stock up 49% at $47.20 in premarket trading. The offer represents a premium of nearly 55% to Circor's last close on Friday.
The deal represents an equity value of nearly $1 billion, according to Reuters' calculations.
KKR will benefit from Circor's customer base, which includes commercial airlines and the U.S. Department of Defense.
The Wall Street Journal had first reported on the deal.
Evercore, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Ropes & Gray LLP advised Circor, while Citi and Kirkland & Ellis LLP were KKR's advisers.
In March last year, Circor flagged irregularities in financial statements and roped in an independent accounting firm, while also engaging in preliminary discussions with interested parties regarding a potential sale.
(Reporting by Nathan Gomes and Priyamvada C in Bengaluru; Editing by Savio D'Souza, Shinjini Ganguli and Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Blackstone (BX), Permira Said To Weigh Bid For eBay (EBAY) -backed Adevinta - Bloomberg
- West Fraser Timber (WFG) to Sell Two Pulp Mills in Canada to Atlas Holdings
- Citi Reiterates Top Pick on Meta (META), Opens Upside Catalyst Watch, 'we expect to hear more details around Meta’s GenAI plans'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Reuters
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!