Comcast (CMCSA) Scoping Options Including Tie-Up with ViacomCBS (VIAC) or Acquisition of Roku (ROKU) - DJ
- S&P 500 nears record high on stimulus hopes, strong earnings
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil prices hit by concern over Chinese economy and higher supply
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar down again as dovish Fed tone prevails ahead of data
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - June 23, 2021 3:08 PM EDT)
Comcast's (NASDAQ: CMCSA) CEO Brian Roberts doesn't feel the need to seek a merger but is scoping options including a tie-up with ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) or an acquisition of Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU), according to a report from Dow Jones.
On the distribution side, Roberts is aiming to make Comcast a rival to Roku and Amazon in delivering streaming apps. Comcast is working with Walmart and Hisense to develop smart TVs that could be in stores later this year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philip Morris (PM)/Altria Group (MO) Could Revisit Merger Talks - Morgan Stanley
- Moon Equity Holdings Corp. Details Its Acquisition of Royal Costino LLC and Outlines Next Acquisition of Mining Processing Facility in Peru
- urban-gro, Inc. Completes Acquisition of MJ12 Design Studio and Forecasts the Addition of $7-$9M of High Margin Services Revenue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!