CMA is investigating anticipated acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) of Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX)
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Phase 1 Action
6 July 2021 Deadline for phase 1 decision (*)
10 May 2021 Launch of merger inquiry
10 May – 21 May 2021 Invitation to comment
Notification of merger inquiry to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
11 May 2021: The CMA brought the anticipated acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. of Xilinx, Inc. to the attention of the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport under section 57(1) of the Act, as the CMA considered that the transaction may raise public interest considerations under section 58 of the Act.
Launch of merger inquiry
10 May 2021: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
Commencement notice (10.5.21)
Invitation to comment closes: 21 May 2021
10 May 2021: The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is considering whether it is or may be the case that this transaction, if carried into effect, will result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result, in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the United Kingdom for goods or services.
To assist it with this assessment, the CMA invites comments on the transaction from any interested party.
These comments should be provided by the deadline set out above.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Thrasio is Said in Talks to Go Public Via Churchill Capital Corp V (CCV) - Bloomberg
- Churchill Capital Corp II (CCX) and Skillsoft Close SPAC Merger, to Trade Under 'SKIL' on Monday
- CIT Group (CIT) to sell aviation loan portfolio to KKR (KKR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!