Amazon (AMZN) is in Talks to Buy Stake in AI Truck-Driving Startup Plus - Bloomberg
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - June 21, 2021 8:00 AM EDT)
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has placed an order for 1,000 autonomous driving systems from self-driving truck company Plus and is in talks to buy a stake of as much as 20%, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
A deal would give Amazon the right to buy preferred shares via a warrant that would amount to a 20% stake based on Plus's shares outstanding before its planned merger with SPAC, Hennessy Capital Investment Corp. V (NASDAQ: HCIC).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Talkspace (TALK) on Watch on Chatter
- Buyers Edge Platform in Talks to Go Public Via Supernova Partners Acquisition Company II (SNII) - Bloomberg
- Metals Acquisition Corp (MTAL.U) Announces 25M Unit IPO at $10/unit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, SPAC, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!