AEye and Cantor Fitzgerald's SPAC (CFAC) Amend Merger to Lower Valuation from $1.9B to $1.52B
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Recent valuation changes of publicly-traded lidar companies and changing conditions in the automotive lidar industry have prompted AEye and CF Finance Acquisition Corp. III (NASDAQ: CFAC), a SPAC sponsored by Cantor Fitzgerald, to amend their previous merger agreement, two companies said in the statement.
A new agreement values AEye at $1.52 billion at the closing of the transaction, compared to $1.9 billion at the time of the merger announcement in February 2021.
The gross proceeds from the transaction are expected to be up to $455 million.
“AEye is very well positioned to transition into the public market. We have a substantial opportunity across the automotive, mobility, and industrial markets as we prepare the company for volume production in 2022,” said Blair LaCorte, Chief Executive Officer of AEye.
“AEye’s next-generation active lidar system leverages deterministic artificial intelligence and software configurability to deliver industry leading performance. The company is uniquely structured with a high-margin, capital light business model that leverages the world’s largest Tier 1s as channel partners.”
Upon closing, AEye will trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "LIDR".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Navitas Semiconductor to Go Public at Enterprise Value of $1.04 Billion via Live Oak II (LOKB)
- Science 37 to Become Publicly Listed via Merger with LifeSci Acquisition II Corp. (LSAQ)
- Genius Sports Group (GENI) Acquires Second Spectrum
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, SPAC, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!