Nike, Rent-A-Center Fall Premarket; Amylyx, Micron and Meta Platforms Rise
- Wall Street ends down after stunning jobs growth raises Fed questions
- Elon Musk wins 'funding secured' trial
- U.S. nonfarm payroll growth blows past forecasts in January, up 517k
- Analysts defend Apple (AAPL) as earnings miss drags shares lower
- Amazon (AMZN) drops after earnings, analysts worried about AWS uncertainty
By Peter Nurse
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Friday, September 30th. Please refresh for updates.
Nike (NYSE: NKE) stock fell over 11% after the world’s largest sportswear maker cautioned that gross margins would remain under pressure through the year.
Meta Platforms (NASDAQ: META) stock rose 0.3% after the Facebook-owner announced it will freeze hiring and look to cut costs, addressing an increasingly pressing cost problem.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) stock rose 0.2% with the company CEO Elon Musk set to unveil a prototype humanoid robot at the company’s “AI Day”, and may also discuss the electric car maker's long-delayed self-driving technology.
Amylyx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMLX) stock rose 8.7% after the U.S. FDA approved its drug to treat a fatal neurodegenerative condition commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
Altria (NYSE: MO) stock rose 0.4% after the tobacco giant announced it has exercised the option to be released from its non-competition obligations with troubled vaping company Juul.
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) stock rose 1.4% after the chipmaker forecast strong revenue growth in the second half of fiscal 2023 even after warning of tougher times ahead and said it was cutting its investments.
- Voya Financial (NYSE: VOYA) stock rose 1.2% after Piper Sandler upgraded its stance on the financial services company to 'overweight' from 'neutral', citing an attractive valuation.
- Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII) stock fell 17% after the rent-to-own company cut its current quarter earnings guidance, citing the current macro economic conditions.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Regeneron shares rise as eczema drug sales help drugmaker post Q4 earnings beat
- Ford execs cut their own performance bonuses after weak 2022 earnings - Detroit Free Press
- Cigna Corp. (CI) tops earnings, but misses revenue expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMarket Check
Related EntitiesTesla, Earnings, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!