Tesla's (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk Shocks Twitter with Bizarre Taunt of Securities and Exchange Commission
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - July 2, 2020 3:25 PM EDT)
With shares of Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) trading at a record high, Elon Musk took to Twitter to taunt short sellers along with the SEC.
Musk said Tesla will make "fabulous short shorts in radiant red satin with gold trim," and "send some to the Shortseller Enrichment Commission to comfort them through these difficult times."
Musk later added, "SEC, three letter acronym, middle word is Elon’s."
It wasn't clear exactly what Elon meant by the provocation, but some Twitter users suggest the first word of the acronym proposed by Musk was, "suck". The third word isn't fit to print.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ark's Cathie Wood thinks Twitter (TWTR) tipping could be bigger deal than anticipated
- Becton Dickinson (BDX) to Spin Off Diabetes Care Business
- Merck (MRK) Declares Record Date and Dividend for the Organon & Co. Spinoff
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!