Mavenir Systems (MVNR) to Acquire Mobile Gateway Solution Provider, Stoke
- Wall Street falls as growth stocks, glum China data weigh
- 'The Price is Wrong': S&P 500 Could Drop to 3400 After Another Bear Market Rally Says Morgan Stanley's Wilson
- 5 Top Strategists Discuss Near-term Outlook for S&P 500 and US Equities
- Oil prices mixed amid China lockdowns, Russian sanctions
- JetBlue (JBLU) Urges Spirit (SAVE) Shareholders to Vote 'No' on Frontier (ULCC) Transaction, Launches Hostile Takeover Bid
Mavenir Systems (NYSE: MVNR) announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Stoke, Inc., subject to customary closing conditions.
Stoke provides mobile gateway solutions to the broadband network industry and has been a market leader in deployed LTE Security Gateways. Through this acquisition, Mavenir will achieve three key objectives:
- Expanding its global reach, adding strong presence in markets like Japan and South Korea
- Enhancing its security product portfolio with the addition of LTE Security Gateways
- Entering into small-cell market with its own high performance gateway product
Stoke has a strong customer and partner base in key markets in APAC and EMEA. Specifically, Stoke counts NTT Docomo (NYSE: DCM) and Softbank (Tokyo: 9984) among its current customers and has built relationships with well-regarded integrators including Net One Systems (OTC: NONEY), Macnica Networks (Tokyo: 7631) in Japan and Samsung in South Korea. In addition to leveraging these new channels for its portfolio of 4G LTE solutions, Mavenir is rounding out its suite of security solutions with Stoke’s Security Gateway which will be distributed through existing channels to Mavenir’s global customer base.
“Upon completion of this acquisition, Mavenir will be expanding our portfolio and enhancing our expertise in security technologies at a critical juncture in 4G LTE network evolution,” said Pardeep Kohli, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mavenir Systems. “The transition to all-IP requires robust, high-performance security solutions at the access and interconnect points to 4G LTE networks. Combined with our Session Border Controller (SBC) and evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG), Stoke’s LTE Security Gateway (SEG) enables Mavenir to deliver a complete, secure, end to end solution to our customers globally.”
“We are very pleased to become part of Mavenir Systems and leverage the synergies of our strong customer and channel relationships. The Stoke product suite is a complementary addition to Mavenir’s technology,” said Vikash Varma, President and CEO, Stoke. “We share the same innovative approach to solving network problems for top Carriers.”
“Additionally, this acquisition expedites a key part of our growth strategy by providing penetration to the Japanese and South Korean markets, and strategically positions us in the emerging small cells market,” added Kohli. “Stoke brings a strong team that understands the global security gateway market. We are delighted to have them join the Mavenir team.”
Closing is subject to the customary conditions and is expected to be completed before November 21, 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ManTech Int'l (MANT) Acquired by Carlyle (CG) for $96/sh Cash or $4.2B
- Morgan Stanely Infrastructure in talks to acquire WideOpenWest (WOW) - Bloomberg
- Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC) and Trump Media & Technology Group File Registration Statement for Proposed Merger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!