Global Water Resources (GWRS) Agrees to Acquire Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Nasdaq hits record high as Big Tech roars back
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Bitcoin (BTC) Cracks $30,000 to Hit 6-Month Low, Here Are Next Targets Lower
- Dollar edges higher before Powell; Bitcoin drops
- Splunk (SPLK) Lands $1 Billion From Silver Lake, Announces Buyback One Day After Activist Rumors Surface
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Global Water Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ: GWRS) has signed a letter of intent to acquire a Class D water utility and a Class D wastewater utility. The company expects to close the acquisitions on an accelerated basis in the third quarter of 2018. To qualify as a Class D, a utility in Arizona must have annual operating revenues of at least $250,000 but not more than $999,999 per year.
“These acquisitions will represent the third and fourth acquisitions we’ve made post-recession in our declared strategy of pursuing utility consolidation,” said Ron Fleming, CEO of Global Water. “This strategy complements our strong organic growth, as year-to-date active connections are up 5.5%.”
“Our consolidation, improvement, and automation of regional water utility assets benefits our operations, customers and development partners, as well as advances the consolidation goals of regulators,” added Fleming.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SharpSpring (SHSP) to be Acquired by Clearlake Capital and Siris-Backed Constant Contact
- Repay Holdings Corporation (RPAY) to Acquire Accounts Payable Automation Provider Kontrol Payables
- Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust to Acquire Home Partners of America (BX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!