Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Boosts Share Buyback Authorization to $259.7M (from $59.7M)
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ: COLM) today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to an additional $200 million of company common stock in market or negotiated transactions. The authorization is effective immediately. Year-to-date, the company has repurchased 939,560 shares, including 398,518 shares since our last earnings release on July 26, 2018. Currently, the company has $59.7 million remaining available under the current share repurchase authorization.
"Because of market opportunities we were on a path to exhausting the existing authorization more swiftly than anticipated. Our share repurchase program is an important part of our capital allocation strategy, and we are pleased we have been able to deliver additional returns to shareholders by repurchasing shares in the marketplace. Since 2014, we have repurchased over 3.4 million shares at approximately $58 per share,” said President and CEO Tim Boyle. "We remain confident in our long-term sustainable profitable growth potential and ability to increase total return to shareholders in the years ahead."
The repurchase program does not obligate the company to acquire any specific number of shares or acquire shares over any specified period of time, and the share repurchase program may be commenced, modified, suspended, or discontinued at any time by the company at its discretion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO for SPAC Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp. I (SANB) Opens at $10.06
- Evercore ISI Adds Uber (UBER) to Tactical Outperform List, Seen as 'One of the Least Riskiest Net Stocks'
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $705 at Piper Sandler Into EPS, Bullish on Content Refresh, Squid Game Survey
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!