Bitcoin on Venmo Places Pressure on Apple, Google and Facebook to Do the Same - Microstrategy (MSTR) CEO
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation jitters spark broad sell-off
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Dollar holds near 10-week low ahead of inflation report
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Microstrategy, Inc. (NASDAQ: MSTR) CEO Michael Saylor said that news that Bitcoin will be on Venmo for 70 million users "places more pressure on Apple, Google, & Facebook to integrate bitcoin into their mobile applications."
"Meanwhile, no one is going to plug #Gold into 5 billion mobile devices," he added.
Microstrategy owns approximately 91,579 bitcoins that were acquired at an aggregate purchase price of $2.226 billion and an average purchase price of approximately $24,311 per bitcoin.
#Bitcoin on Venmo for 70 million users places more pressure on Apple, Google, & Facebook to integrate bitcoin into their mobile applications. Meanwhile, no one is going to plug #Gold into 5 billion mobile devices.https://t.co/DJf81AzYJk— Michael Saylor (@michael_saylor) April 20, 2021
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Palantir (PLTR) Considering Adding Bitcoin to Balance Sheet, Already Accepts it as Payment
- Olo Inc. (OLO) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Jamf Holding Corp. (JAMF) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!