Dow Chemical (DOW) Appoints New EVP, Treasurer
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) announced that Fernando Ruiz, corporate vice president and treasurer, has elected to retire from Dow, following more than 35 years of service. The Board of Directors has elected Gary McGuire to succeed him as vice president and treasurer.
Ruiz assumed his role in August 2001, and will officially retire later this year to ensure a smooth transition of leadership responsibilities.
McGuire joined Dow in 1988 and has held a variety of financial management and leadership roles in materials management, treasury, financial and enterprise-wide risk management, and financial planning and operations. He was named chief investment officer in 2007, responsible for the management of the Company’s global pension and insurance assets and was appointed assistant treasurer in January 2016.
“Gary has been instrumental in driving financial discipline, transparency and efficiency, and brings a broad array of experience and management across multiple disciplines and geographies,” said Howard Ungerleider, Dow’s vice chairman and chief financial officer. “I am pleased to have his focused leadership as we continue to drive our strategic agenda forward.”
Ruiz joined Dow in 1980 in Ecuador as a financial planning manager and held several treasury positions in Latin America and in the U.S. before being elected assistant treasurer in 1996. He was appointed corporate director of insurance and risk management in 2001 until elected to his current position. Prior to joining Dow, Ruiz was a credit officer of Citibank.
“Throughout his career, Fernando has been a key facet of Dow finance, and under his watch the Company’s treasury department has grown into a world-class institution,” said Ungerleider. “His insights and leadership have done so much for the company, and he exemplifies our values of integrity and respect for people.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Willdan Group (WLDN) Announces CFO Transition
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Announces Johanna Mercier to Board
- AVEO Oncology (AVEO) Adds Kevin Cullen, M.D. to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!