Navistar (NAV) HSR Waiting Period related to the TRATON merger expired
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Navistar (NYSE: NAV) said the HSR Waiting Period related to the TRATON merger expired.
From the company:
As previously disclosed, on November 7, 2020, Navistar International Corporation, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the “Merger Agreement”) with TRATON SE, a Societas Europaea (“Parent”) and Dusk Inc., a Delaware corporation and a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Parent (“Merger Subsidiary”), pursuant to which Merger Subsidiary will be merged with and into the Company, with the Company continuing as the surviving corporation (the “Surviving Corporation”) and becoming a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Parent (the “Merger”).
The completion of the Merger is conditioned upon the expiration or termination of the waiting period applicable to the consummation of the Merger under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended (the “HSR Waiting Period”). The HSR Waiting Period expired on February 12, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
The expiration of the waiting period under the HSR Act satisfies one of the conditions to the closing of the Merger. The Merger remains subject to other closing conditions, including, among others, the receipt of other applicable regulatory approvals in jurisdictions outside of the United States. Based on the current status of the parties’ applications for such regulatory approvals, the Company and Parent continue to expect to complete the Merger mid-2021, subject to the satisfaction or permitted waiver of the other conditions to closing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Grab is said to announce deal with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC) next week - Bloomberg
- Watford Holdings (WTRE) Announces Purchase of Axeria IARD
- Twitter (TWTR) Said to Have Discussed $4 Billion Clubhouse Takeover - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!