Tesla (TSLA) Shares Move to Session Highs as Ambitious 500k+/Year Production Goal Called into Question
- Dow ends at record high after upbeat jobless claims report
- PayPal (PYPL) Gains After Topping Q1 and Guidance Expectations, Crypto Seen as a Key Growth Driver Going Forward
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
- Fed's Kaplan wants taper talk 'sooner rather than later'
- U.S. weekly jobless claims drop below 500,000; layoffs lowest since 2000
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) shares are moving to session highs amid another recent 'hit' piece.
Late Thursday, the Daily Kanban published an article on Tesla entitled:
Docs Reveal: Tesla’s Production Capacity Limited To Less Than Half Of Its 500,000 Vehicle Target.
The following key points are highlighted in the piece:
- Air quality permits for the recently-upgraded paint shop at Tesla’s Fremont plant limit the electric automaker’s production capacity to less than half of its targeted rate of 500,000 vehicles per year
- Tesla says it plans a second expansion of the Fremont paint shop, but has not yet applied for the necessary emissions permit or even put the equipment from its first expansion phase into use.
- If any future expansion or upgrade increases the Fremont plant’s net emissions by more than 6.5% over currently-permitted levels, Tesla’s paint shop will be required to comply with the extremely stringent Lowest Achievable Emission Rate (LAER) standard.
- These regulatory conditions present a serious challenge to the volume goals and production ramp forecast Tesla has publicly set for Model 3
Shares of Tesla are up over 1.5 percent Friday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baillie Gifford Sold Over 11M Shares of Tesla (TSLA) in Q1
- FCA To End Pooling Agreement with Tesla (TSLA) Early, Analyst Calls News a 'Very Big Deal'
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds Another 3M+ Shares of Skillz (SKLZ) on Wednesday
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!