Tesla (TSLA) CEO Musk Sees SolarCity (SCTY) Deal Receiving Shareholder Approval; Will Detail in 'Master Plan'
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
According to the WSJ, Musk is expected to include details of the merger with his "Master Plan," which could be announced as soon as this week. Musk will outline how the inclusion of SolarCity will help Tesla transition to an energy company that specializes in utilizing batteries to generate and store power.
The most informed investors are highly supportive of the transaction ... [He has] yet to talk to an investor after I have fully explained the situation and not had them support it ... Most just didn’t understand how bringing together a car and a solar company made sense from a product standpoint.
Musk sees a supermajority, or two-thirds majority, shareholder vote to approve the deal.
Tesla previously offered to acquire SolarCity for $26.50 to $28.50 per share.
Shares of Tesla are indicated higher Wednesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canadian National Railway (CNI) Expected to Sweeten Kansas City Southern (KSU) Bid - DJ
- Bitcoin Stocks Lower as Musk Tanks Market
- IAC/Interactive Corp (IAC) Stockholders Approve Vimeo Spin-off
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!