S&P Near Session Highs; Focus Turns to Tomorrow's Dec. Jobs Print (SPY) (QQQ)
- S&P ends modestly lower as rising Treasury yields offset robust retail data
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- U.S. retail sales surprise to upside in strong boost to economy
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index climbs after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
The S&P rallied Thursday, gaining 1.75% intraday as oil prices stabilized and European markets were boosted on hopes of stimulus from the ECB. Today's gains reverse recent losses, pushing the DJIA into the green for the year ahead of tomorrow's important December jobs report. Consensus estimate is for a gain of 240,000 new jobs. The unemployment rate is expected to decline to 5.7% from 5.8%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Match Group (MTCH) Highlighted Positively on Upcoming S&P 500 Addition
- S&P 500 Erases Decline, Up Slightly
- Companies with NDRs 9/16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!