5 Things to Know About the Upcoming Discord IPO
- S&P, Nasdaq enjoy boost from big tech firms, Dow ends a hair lower
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices pull back as U.S. factory data intensifies demand concerns
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Popular chat app Discord is expected to have its IPO over the next several months. Discord has seen its popularity soar amid the pandemic with users more than doubling. Recently Discord has attracted takeover interest from some big name players, however, an IPO is still seen as the most likely option for the company.
Below are five things to know about the upcoming Discord IPO:
1. Discord IPO Timing: While the company is not in need of cash after its recent funding round, the company is still said to interested in taking advantage of its popularity and the red-hot IPO market. However, while a 2021 IPO can't be ruled out, it is seeming more likely to be a 2022 IPO.
2. Discord IPO Valuation: On September 16, 2021, Discord raised $500 million at a $15 billion valuation. The recent valuation was more than double a December valuation of $7 billion.
3. Discord Past Takeover Interest: Earlier in the year, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) was in talks about a potential takeover of Discord for $10-$12 billion. Microsoft was said to be interested in bolstering its gaming business with a deal for Discord. Others were also said to be interested in Discord. Talks have since ended.
4. Discord IPO Backers: Pre-IPO investors in Discord include Dragoneer Investment Group, Baillie Gifford, Coatue, Fidelity Management & Research, and Franklin Templeton.
5. Discord User Stats: The company has over 150 million monthly users. From 2019 to 2020, Discord tripled its revenue and doubled the users. Discord's 2020 revenue was reportedly $130 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) Can Keep Printing Strong Growth - Morgan Stanley
- SEC published its report on GameStop (GME)
- Loh Boon Chye, CEO, Singapore Exchange (SGX): Strengthen market connectivity; support China's internationalisation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog
Related EntitiesBaillie Gifford & Co., IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!