Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) IPO Opens Modestly Higher
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Toay's IPO for Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) opened for trading at $8.50 after pricing 3,000,000 shares of its common stock at an initial offering price to the public of $8.00 per share.
Laidlaw & Company (UK) Ltd. is acting as the sole book-running manager for the offering. Feltl and Company, Inc. is serving as co-manager for the offering.
Partner Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: LGND) invested $9 million in the offering.
Viking Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel, first-in-class or best-in-class therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders. Viking’s research and development activities leverage its expertise in metabolism to develop innovative therapeutics designed to improve patients’ lives. Viking has exclusive worldwide rights to a portfolio of five therapeutic programs in clinical trials or preclinical studies, which are based on small molecules licensed from Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated. Viking’s clinical programs include VK5211, an orally available, non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator, or SARM, entering Phase 2 development for the treatment and prevention of lean body mass loss in patients who have undergone hip fracture surgery and VK0612, a first-in-class, orally available drug candidate in Phase 2 development for type 2 diabetes. Viking is also developing novel and selective agonists of the thyroid beta receptor for adrenoleukodystrophy and lipid disorders, as well as two earlier-stage programs targeting metabolic diseases and anemia.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brilliant Earth (BRLT) Downsized IPO Opens Up 8%, Jumps 34% Higher Post Open
- EngageSmart (ESMT) IPO Opens 44% Higher, Valuing Co. at $6 Billion
- PAVmed's (PAVM) Lucid Diagnostics Files For a Proposed IPO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!