Olaplex (OLPX) IPO: 7 Things You Need to Know About the Upcoming $13 Billion Listing
- S&P, Nasdaq enjoy boost from big tech firms, Dow ends a hair lower
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices pull back as U.S. factory data intensifies demand concerns
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(updated 09/24 3:38PM ET to reflected raised IPO range)
Olaplex (NASDAQ: OLPX), which produces hair-care products, has filed paperwork to go public next week. Here are 7 key facts you need to know about the Olaplex IPO. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Santa Barbara.
1. Olaplex IPO Date - Olaplex will go public on September 30. Olaplex stock will start trading under the ticker symbol “OLPX” on the Nasdaq stock exchange. Usually, shares that make their public stock market debuts start trading between 10AM-2PM ET.
2. Olaplex IPO Pricing - The company sees pricing its shares between $17 and $19 (up from a prior range of $14-$16)
3. Shares Offered - Olaplex has filed to sell 67,000,000 shares. The S-1 filing shows the number of outstanding shares after IPO offering at 648,124,639.
4. Olaplex IPO Valuation - The hair-care company is seeking a valuation of between $11 billion to $13 billion, based on the indicated share pricing. Olaplex is seeking to raise up to ~$1.27 billion in the IPO.
5. Olaplex Ownership - Olaplex was acquired by Advent International in 2019. The filing shows Advent would control 79.6% of the combined voting power of our common stock, or 78.2% if underwriters exercise their options in full. Prior to the offering, Advent owns 89.3% of shares, followed by 6.8% owned by Mousse Partners. Emily White, the President of Anthos Capital, owns 3.6% of shares.
6. Olaplex IPO Underwriters - Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, and Barclays are the main underwriters for the IPO. BofA, Evercore ISI, Jefferies, Raymond James, and others are also participating in the offering.
7. Olaplex Financials - Olaplex reported revenue of $270.2 million for the six months ended June 30, 2021, marking an increase of 171% compared to a year-ago period. For the same period, Olaplex recorded net income of $94.9 million, compared to a net loss of $22.4 million reported for the first half of the year. EBITDA margins stood at 71% at the end of June.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IO Biotech, Inc (IOBT) Files IPO Registration Statement
- THG's Moulding gives up 'golden share' after stock tumbles
- TaskUs, Inc. (TASK) Launches 10M Share Public Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Insiders' Blog
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Raymond James, Morgan Stanley, Jefferies & Co, Barclays, S1, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!