KKR-backed cybersecurity firm KnowBe4 aims for $3 billion valuation in U.S. IPO
- Wall St ends lower, pulled down by tech stocks
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Enters Aon plc (AON), Sells Most of Wells Fargo (WFC) Stake
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Cybersecurity company KnowBe4 Inc, backed by private-equity firm KKR & Co and funds affiliated with Goldman Sachs, said on Monday it was aiming for a valuation of up to $3 billion in its initial public offering in the United States.
Clearwater, Florida-headquartered KnowBe4 was founded in 2010 by serial entrepreneur and cybersecurity expert Stu Sjouwerma. The company had 37,000 customers as of the end of last year, according to its filing. KnowBe4's platform allows clients to simulate phising attacks on their employees and check how well they are safeguarded against such attacks. It also offers security awareness training.
The company joins technology firms rushing to public markets in a particularly busy year, which has seen the likes of gaming platform Roblox Corp, e-commerce company Coupang Inc and cloud-computing firm DigitalOcean go public. KnowBe4 said it would sell around 11.8 million shares along with a group of selling stockholders, priced between $16 and $18 each.
At the top end of this range, KnowBe4 would raise about $213 million.
Shares would be listed on the Nasdaq under the symbol "KNBE", the company said in its filing.
Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, BofA Securities and KKR are the lead underwriters for the offering.
(Reporting by Niket Nishant in Bengaluru; Editing by Vinay Dwivedi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KKR & Co. (KKR) Reports Acquisition of Majority Position in ERM
- Osiris Acquisition Corp. (OSI) Prices 23M Unit IPO at $10/Unit
- AT&T (T) Confirms Deal to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Private Equity, Reuters
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!