IPO for Rao's Parent Sovos Brands (SOVO) Opens 23% Higher, Valuing Co. at 1.4$B
- S&P, Nasdaq enjoy boost from big tech firms, Dow ends a hair lower
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices pull back as U.S. factory data intensifies demand concerns
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Today's IPO for Sovos Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOVO), the maker of Rao's and other food brands, opened for trading at $14.75 after pricing 23,334,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $12 per share, below the expected $14-$16 range.
The valuation of Sovos Brands based on the opening stock price is $1.44 billion.
J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs are acting as joint lead book-running managers for the offering and as representatives of the underwriters. BofA Securities, Credit Suisse, Barclays, UBS Investment Bank, Cowen, Piper Sandler, Stifel and William Blair will also act as book-running managers and Telsey Advisory Group, Drexel Hamilton and Loop Capital Markets will act as co-managers for the offering.
Sovos Brands, headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, is the fastest growing food company of scale in the United States. As a high growth, purposefully-built food platform and growth accelerator with a portfolio of “one-of-a-kind” brands, all four of the brands – Rao’s, Michael Angelo’s, noosa and Birch Benders – are built with authenticity and high-quality ingredients at their core. Its portfolio includes Rao’s, a premium line of pasta sauces, pizza sauces, dry pastas, frozen entrees and soups; noosa, a premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower honey; Birch Benders, a line of better-for-you pancake and waffle mixes; and Michael Angelo’s, a line of premium frozen Italian entrées.
Net sales increased from $203 million in the year ended December 29, 2018 to $560 million in the year ended December 26, 2020, representing a CAGR of 66%. Net income increased from a $27 million loss in the year ended December 28, 2019 to an $11 million profit in the year ended December 26, 2020.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Cowen Starts Sovos Brands Inc (SOVO) at Outperform
- Informatica (INFA) Announces 29M Share IPO at $29-$32/sh
- Weave Communications (WEAV) Files IPO Registration Statement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Stifel, UBS, William Blair, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Barclays, Cowen & Co, IPO, Drexel Hamilton
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!