Trump Media To Go Public Via $1.7 Billion SPAC Deal, Aims to Fight the Big Tech
- Stocks tumble on new coronavirus variant fear
- Moderna (MRNA) Shares Rally 11% on 'Nu' Concerns, Analyst Sees mRNA Technology Adapting Much Quicker to New COVID Variant
- DiDi (DIDI) Stock Falls on Report China Seeks Delisting From US Amid Data Security Concerns
- Apple (AAPL) on Pace to Sell Over 10 Million iPhones for Black Friday - Wedbush
- Buy Tech Winners on Variant Fears - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Trump Media & Technology Group announced it has agreed to merge with the special purpose acquisition company Digital World Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: DWAC) in a deal worth up to $1.7 billion.
TMTG is valued at $875 million initially, with an additional $825 million available in additional shares. The company will raise $293 million from the DWAC’s cash in trust.
Trump Media aims to create a “rival to the liberal media consortium” and fight back against the Big Tech. The plan also included the launching of a social network called “TRUTH Social.”
“I created TRUTH Social and TMTG to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech. We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced. This is unacceptable. I am excited to send out my first TRUTH on TRUTH Social very soon. TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all. I'm excited to soon begin sharing my thoughts on TRUTH Social and to fight back against Big Tech. Everyone asks me why doesn’t someone stand up to Big Tech? Well, we will be soon!,” President Trump said in a press release.
"Digital World was formed to create public shareholder value and we believe that TMTG is one of the most promising business combination partners to fulfill that purpose,” added Patrick F. Orlando, Chairman/CEO of DWAC.
TMTG also intends to launch a subscription video on demand service (TMTG+).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bitcoin Miner Griid Said to be in Talks to Merge with SPAC, Adit EdTech Acquisition (ADEX) - Bloomberg
- Manscaped To Go Public Via $1 Billion SPAC Merger With Bright Lights
- Ecombustible Energy LLC to Merge With Benessere Capital Acquisition Corp. (BENE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, SPAC
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!