Tax Software Provider Avalara (AVLR) Said Targeted in Takeover by P/E Firm Vista Equity Partners - Source
- Wall St slumps as investors fret on rate hikes and recession
- Think September Was Bad? Watch Out for 'Octoberphobia', Stock Trader's Almanac Warns
- Goldman Sachs Slashes Year-End Target on S&P 500 to 3,600
- Oil: The 'R'-Word Rules as U.S. Crude Below $80 for Worst Week in 7
- Bond Crash of 2022 is a 'Doozy' - BofA
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Avalara, Inc. (NYSE: AVLR) is said to have been approached about a potential takeover from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners, according to a source. Both sides are said to be working with investment banking advisors but it is unclear how advanced the talks are, or if they will lead to a deal.
Avalara is a cloud-based tax compliance automation service for enterprise clients and Vista Equity owns a portfolio of enterprise software companies.
The valuation of Avalara is just under $7 billion, but had been as high as nearly $17 billion in the fall of 2021 before multiple compression hit all enterprise software names.
In the first quarter of 2022, the company posted revenue growth of 33% to $204.5 billion and 71% gross margin. The company posted a loss in the quarter and is projecting losses for the rest of 2022.
Overall, Wall Street analysts are very bullish on the stock with 17 Buy ratings versus 1 Neutral rating. The average Wall Street price target of about $146, suggesting 90% upside. The company is seen as a long-term winner in the approximate $15 billion tax determination and compliance market with near-term growth tailwinds from the Supreme Court Wayfair ruling on sales tax.
Avalara said they don’t comment on rumors and Vista Equity has not responded to a request to comment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Avalara (AVLR) Said HSR Waiting Period Expired Related to Vista Equity Takeover
- Humana, CVS Health In the Running to Acquire Cano Health - Reports
- CVS Health (CVS) Said to Consider Potential Bid for Cano Health (CANO) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!