Pearsons (PSO) Denies It is Preparing Bid for Stride (LRN)
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
"[W]e are not preparing a bid," a Pearsons spokesperson told StreetInsider.
Stride, previously known as K12, which focuses on online learning, has seen much success during the COVID pandemic as students across the nation were locked down and found learning opportunities online. In its latest quarter, the company reported 53% revenue growth and net income rose 172%. The company also raised its FY2021 forecast.
Shares of Stride are up about 75% since late February 2020, as the pandemic started to bear down, but down nearly 50% from its August 2020 highs as some children started to return to a traditional school setting before the fall 2020 start.
While fast money has left the stock, long-term investors see an opportunity for continued growth on a shift to online education. The company stated that the percentage of current students indicting they will return next fall is at a multi-year high. In addition, surveys show an increasing percentage of high school students would consider an online high school or online career learning.
(1:53PM ET updated to add Pearsons denial)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: U.S. Opens Antitrust Probe Case in Aon plc (AON), Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) - Bloomberg
- Tenet Healthcare (THC) Sells Five Hospitals in the Miami-Dade/Southern Broward Area to Steward Health Care
- Local Bounti to Go Public in $1.1B SPAC Deal via Leo Holdings III Corp. (LIII)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!